Monday, February 1, 2010

because he cheered me up in the stacks today.

I tend to disregard the fact that I'm working in the library stacks when certain songs come on my iPod. Some of the songs that allow me to go somewhere else while pulling books and maneuvering carts and shelves come from Jamiroquai.

Their music is groovy, funky, fun, something to cool out to... you can just bump it and enjoy. Most of it just sounds like something to dance to BUT, don't sleep on them. While swaying from side to side, listen to the lyrics. There's something amazing about how the music makes you feel good but also think about important/relevant/everyday issues/situations. Yeah, slick- in more ways then one. And, Jay Kay is kinda weird... so, in my book that means they abound in cool points and the music garners much respect.





 i remember seeing this video come on "The Box," that one channel that just played music videos if you called in - early nineties- THROWBACK.


a little more current, 2005. my personal little jam. the guitar in the beginning makes me happy.
 

I would post a whole lot more but that would get to be a bit much. A couple more "must hears" (that I know of ):
1. "Love Foolosophy"
2. "Runaway"
3. "Cosmic Girl"
4. "Feels Just Like It Should"
5. oh and "Canned Heat" (the song Napoleon Dynamite danced too, and the one at the end of Center Stage where the main character is twirling around oh dee long- excuse my ignorance of ballet terms)

aaah! A lot of it is good. They've been making music for more than a decade, and I'm only listing singles. Just go on YouTube, and eventually iTunes/Amazon/the record store wherever :]

2 comments:

  1. hey, i only have "High Times" with all of his hits. which of his albums would you recommend i check out next?

    ReplyDelete