Thursday, July 15, 2010

so i can't get this song out of my head

"Oxford Comma," by Vampire Weekend; which is wild to me because I just started listening to their music this week and they performed at my school for I think our orientation concert or Bacchanal a couple years ago (probably because they went to Columbia) and I wasn't even pressed. But, that's also because I didn't know who they were and was oh dee confounded about Clipse performing afterwards (ppl were all too comfortable making gun shot noises at that concert, but I still had fun). Anywho, maybe posting it here will release me



and I also really like this video,


now, that's just fun.

 and this song kinda,



this is actually hilarious, considering i'm sure they were a part of the Columbia i know nothing about. but maybe that's a part of the allure, the unknown... oooh aaahhh. *shrugs* i just like the way it sounds. and anyway, i need something to temper the "soulful" edge that everyone attributes to me. i think it does a good job i mean according to the guy that created "Stuff White People Like" they are the whitest band out right now. but that's a whole 'nother discussion. for now i'm just enjoying the drums, guitar & this guy's weird little voice & fun/catchy lyrics until/if I come across a reason not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment