Tuesday, March 16, 2010

GOOD day.

So I saw Anis Mojgani today, DOPE! And, I got my book signed, HOLLER! AND, when he goes on tour with (probably) Buddy Wakefield and Derrick Brown again I'm gonna be there too! And hopefully leave with a signed copy of one (or more) of Derrick's books signed too :] 'cause I got Buddy last week. Mmhm. Yeah! Oh, go and buy Over the Anvil We Stretch, please!

On another note. I left The Bowery compelled to write a list of things I need to do

(composed on the subway)

(1) Make short & long term goals, finally, for reals this time.
(2). Be more careful with who I give the power to affect my day (thought of after rejecting the stanky face this lady sitting across from me was giving)
(3) Talk to people, like people. Not like they're all the same, but like if they are in front of me & accessible & I'd like to talk to them, I should try.
(4) Think about/learn to heal/deal and acknowledge/ engage with my other struggles/interests (and they'll just have to be surprises, thank you very much)
        a. don't force it
        b. diversify what i have to offer

(5) Stay faithful, but also be proactive about what I do, currently, have control over & want to pursue.
(6) Sing, more often.
(7) perform.breathe.act.breakthemonotony, but also handle what i need to do.
(8) Be better with time. 
(9) Want, seek & do better for myself.
(10) Let go of what I need to let go
       - in however many steps necessary, work on it, everyday.
(11) Acknowledge the good. Be reasonable, but not complacent.
(12) Learn more.
(13) Be honest about what excites me. Don't tell myself I "should" care. What is mine is mine & where not fully there, support. Don't waste.
(14) Get out more/Explore/Experience/Try.
(15) new.

****Be prepared. Get myself prepared for opportunities that are sure to come if I am dedicated.*********

Good start, and I am content with the day :] 
the sun was all out shining and whatnot. and the temperature was reasonable. you better go head day!

oh, and another EWF song i enjoyed yesterday to close out. if you don't move your body, you're frontin'



No comments:

Post a Comment