Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leah Smith


I don’t know her personally.  But, I have a friend who does. That friend introduced me to her album. I don’t know much but that she’s from Philly, is in her early twenties and has toured with Israel New Breed. What I do know, she has a beautiful voice and tremendous talent in singing and songwriting. Her album, Beautifully Made, sounds to me like an interesting Gospel/R&B hybrid. There are definitely songs that demonstrate a Christian influence and others (but, then arguably all) have more of a universal feel. There are useful lessons/important issues raised throughout. I don’t really like talking about music in this way. It means different things to different people and I even feel differently about the same music at different points in my life, as many people do. So, I’m gonna stop. Best I got, just listen.
“Beautifully Made”

“Shields and Swords”

 Music can be purchased here on iTunes or CdBaby or digistation

No comments:

Post a Comment