Sunday, January 24, 2010

You know 'em.

Either you've heard "Not Just Knee Deep" in this scene.



or "Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)" in this, the greatest of all commercials (greatest, meaning I played it like 10 times when I first saw it because it made me smile that deep).



or have had the great fortune of just hearing/learning of their music in some other way. I can't remember where it started for me but "Oh, happy day!"

Parliament Funkadelic. AND one of the security guards at my school used to play/sometimes still plays with them! Every once and a while you find remarkable people here, with a great love for something.

I'll leave you with a few words from George Clinton I found on the inside of my "Funked Up: The Very Best of Parliament" CD.

"All that is good is nasty and ain't nothin' good unless you play with it."
(I'll let you think on that one)

and less racy

"Funk is its own reward."

Indeed. Though, I wonder whether that's meant just for the performers/musicians/singers or if listeners are included. I'm just gonna include myself.

(disregard the first 17 or 18 secs) but yes, they did. "Agony of Defeet"

No comments:

Post a Comment